The following are several types of Spine Surgery in Delhi which help to reduce your spinal pain and these are:
a) Artificial Spine Lumbar Disc Replacement: This is a surgical procedure in which spine surgeons at Spine Surgery India will replace the painful disc by a prosthetic implant which is made up of metal. It provides relief from back pain and at the same time, it also maintains the normal motion of the disc.
b) Cervical Spine Surgery: Cervical spine surgery is done through three procedures which are (i) Discectomy, (ii) Artificial cervical disc replacement and (iii) Cervical Fusion.
• Discectomy: Discectomy is a procedure in which your spine surgeon will remove that disc which is pinching your nerves or pressing the spinal cord through a small incision which they make at the front or the back of your neck. Microdiscectomy is a procedure where an only small incision is required to remove the disc with the help of a microscope.
• Artificial cervical disc replacement: This is a procedure which is used to close the gap which has formed after the removal of your damaged cervical disc. Your surgeon will implant a prosthetic disc and then they placed in that area to fill the gap. You will get relief from pain and also it will maintain your regular motion.
• Cervical Fusion: Cervical fusion act as a bridge between two vertebrae after the worn out disc in the cervical spine is removed by using a bone graft, metal plates or metal implant. If needed, your surgeon will remove the entire vertebrae and will fuse your spine.
c) Laminectomy: Laminectomy is a procedure which spine surgeons will perform to enlarge the spinal column when spinal stenosis causes pressure on the nerve roots. Your surgeon will remove the lamina from the backside of the spinal canal which forms a roof over the spinal cord and with lamina, your surgeon will remove any bony protrusions or spurs, that may have formed and it will result into osteoarthritis of the spine.
d) Minimally Invasive Surgery: Minimally Invasive Surgery is performed when spinal nerves, vertebrae, and discs are located deep inside the body and your surgeon will require a small incision to reach them and will move the muscle tissues away. Your surgeon will use guiding instruments along with microscopic video cameras while performing these surgeries.
e) Spinal Fusion: At the time of performing a spinal fusion procedure your surgeon will use a bone graft either from your body or from a donor to join the adjoining vertebrae. They will use metallic screws, rods or cages, etc. to stabilize the vertebrae and enable bone fusion.
f) Spinal Decompression: Your surgeon will perform spinal decompression by using three types of procedures which are as follows:
• Microdiscectomy: This is a procedure in which your surgeon will remove a part of the disc which is exerting pressure on the nerve compressing it.
• Lumbar Laminectomy: This is a procedure in which your surgeon will remove lumbar laminectomy the bony roof which is lamina and thick ligaments that are present over the spinal canal. They perform this procedure so that decompression can be easily performed from both sides of the canal.
• Laminotomy: This is a procedure in which your spine surgeon will decompress a single side of the spinal canal so that your surgeon will able to remove a small part of the laminar roof and ligaments above the spinal canal. This is a procedure in which most parts of the lamina are left intact.
g) Spinal tumor surgery: Spine tumor surgery is a procedure which involves the following and these are:
• Decompression: This is a procedure in which your surgeon will remove the entire or part of the tumor.
• Embolization: This is an interventional technique which cuts down the blood supply to the tumor due to which the tumor gets shrink.
• Kyphoplasty or Vertebroplasty: These are the minimally invasive spine surgery procedures which are performed to fix the fractured vertebrae that have been caused by the tumor.
What are the Success Rates of Spine Surgery Delhi?
The success rate of spine surgery is mainly focused on how to take off the patient’s intense back pain and allow them to live a better quality of life without any spinal disorders. Yes, you are at right place as the spine surgeons at the hospitals under Spine Surgery India will treat all types of back problems by using the latest and advanced medical facilities. The success rate of spine surgery at the hospitals under Spine Surgery India varies from 80 to 90%. According to the study, Delhi is a city which turned out to be more successful in treating patients with back pain from all over the world by using high-end application of robotics and experienced spine surgeons with laser technology to minimize the stitches and the cuts on the patient’s body.
Recovery after Spine Surgery
The recovery after spine surgery will vary from 3 months to 12 months depending on the patient’s health condition; however, till date, the success rate of relief from pain is around 75 to 90%. According to the study, the patients who had undergone for the spine surgery at the hospitals under Spine Surgery India have recovered 97% from the pain and they are enjoying their life without any pain. To recover fast you need to follow the instructions as prescribed by your spine surgeon such as take proper rest, medication, healthy diet, exercise, etc. If you are adhering to these instructions properly then you can recover fast from your surgery.
How much does the Spine Surgery in Delhi cost?
The costs of Spine Surgery in Delhi ranges between USD 6000 to USD 12,000 depending on the procedure you opt to treat your spinal condition. The cost of the spine surgery in Delhi is very reasonable and affordable which can be easily availed by people of every class, however, if you compare the spine surgery cost in Delhi with other developed countries then you will find a huge difference and prefer to have spine surgery in Delhi only.