The Spine Surgery Cost in Kolkata varies from hospital to hospital and is also based on the complexity of the procedure you choose to treat your spinal condition. The Spine Surgery Cost in Kolkata is very reasonable as compared to other developed countries even with best quality implants, prosthesis, and consumables. The cost of spine surgery in Kolkata is around 30 to 50% lower for native population based on subsidy from the government. There are some hospitals in Kolkata which have been funded by government schemes where entire cost of surgery is borne by the state for economically weaker people who can’ afford the expensive surgeries. The following are some commonly performed spinal surgery procedures in Kolkata and their cost are as follows:
A) Cervical Spine:
• Laminectomy or posterior laminoforaminotomy is around USD 4000 to USD 5500
• Posterior laminectomy and Fusion is around USD 5500 to USD 6500
• Anterior cervical Fusion will cost you around USD 5500 to USD 6500
• Anterior Cervical Disc Replacement is around USD 6500 to USD 9000
B) Lumbar Spine and Dorsal Spine
• Micro Discectomy and laminectomy will cost you around USD 4000 to 5000
• Posterolateral Fusion will be done between UDS 5500 to USD 6500
• TLIF (Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion) will cost you around USD 6000 USD 7000
• PLIF (Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion) cost you around USD 6000 to USD 6500
• OLIF (Oblique Lumbar Interbody Fusion) and ALIF (Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion) will cost you around USD 8500 to 9500
C) Scoliosis Surgery
• Posterior or Anterior fusion will cost you between USD 9000 to USD 11,000 in Kolkata.
• Fusion less surgery ranges from USD 10,000 to 12,000.
The cost might vary based on the health condition of the patient and the final Spine Surgery Cost in Kolkata will be confirmed after the evaluation of the patient. The use of new generation Indian implants which is quality certified can bring down the cost to a certain extent. The final cost can vary based on inflation and the exchange rate on the Indian currency.
Why the Spine Surgery Cost in Kolkata is cheaper than other states?
The Spine Surgery Cost in Kolkata is cheaper than other states because the spine surgeons at the network hospitals under Spine Surgery India cut down their own charges to provide the best and successful treatment to each individual as they wish to see each individual is enjoying their life without any complications. The spine surgeons in Kolkata will not compromise the quality of the treatment by offering it at a reasonable cost. They will provide the same international standard quality of the treatment to each individual without basing between the poor, payee or needy people.
Also, Kolkata has become the most favourite destination for the people across the globe because of reasonable Spine Surgery Cost in Kolkata with highest success rates and also the medications required for the treatment is cheaper in Kolkata as compared to other cities, states or countries.